Just as the name suggests, corn on the cob but instead of the corn bone its a hotdog is a hotdog skewered on a cob of corn. This unique dish is a favorite among barbeque enthusiasts and is sure to be a hit at your next cookout!
What You’ll Need
-1 ear of corn
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- Carefully insert the hotdog into the end of the ear of corn.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes, until hotdog is cooked through and corn is slightly charred.
- Remove from grill, and optionally brush with butter and sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately.
Making the Corn Dog
-1 package hot dogs
-1 can corn, drained
-1/2 cup flour
-1/2 cup cornmeal
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 egg, beaten
-1/4 cup milk
-vegetable oil for frying
- Combine flour, cornmeal, and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Dip each hot dog in the batter until coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add coated hot dogs to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoying Your Corn Dog
Once you’ve got your corn dog, there are a few things you can do to make sure you enjoy it to the fullest. If you’re someone who likes their food a little more on the crispy side, feel free to put your corn dog in the fridge or even the freezer for a few minutes before enjoying. This will help solidify the batter a bit more. Some people also like to add condiments to their corn dogs. Ketchup and mustard are always popular choices, but don’t be afraid to get creative! BBQ sauce, honey, or even ranch dressing can be delicious additions to your corn dog. No matter how you enjoy it, we hope you have a great time with your corn dog!