There are a lot of factors that go into ranking highly on Google and other search engines. One of the most important factors is the use of keywords. Keywords are the words and phrases that people use when they are searching for something on the internet. If you want your website to rank highly, you need to make sure that you are using the right keywords.
Set up GSC and Bing Webmaster tools
Google Search Console (GSC) and Bing Webmaster Tools are two essential platforms provided by Google and Bing respectively, that offer website owners a wealth of insights into how each search engine is indexing and ranking their website.
Linking your website to GSC and BWT allows you to see data such as:
-Which pages on your website are being indexed
-If there are any errors with your website that is preventing it from being indexed
-Which keywords your website is ranking for
-The average position your website holds for each keyword
This data is essential for any SEO campaign, as it allows you to track progress, identify opportunities and optimize your website accordingly. In order to set up GSC and BWT, simply follow the steps below:
Google Search Console:
- Go to google.com/webmasters/tools/home
- Enter your website URL into the box provided and click “Add a Property”
- Select the preferred method of verification – either HTML tag, domain name provider, Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager – and follow the instructions provided
- Once your website has been verified, you will be taken to the dashboard where you can begin exploring the various features and tools on offer
Bing Webmaster Tools:
- Go to bing.com/toolbox/webmaster
- Enter your website URL into the “Add a Site” box and click “Add”
- You will now be taken to the sign in page – simply sign in with your Microsoft account or create a new one if you don’t have one already
- Once you’re signed in, you will be taken to the verification page where you will need to verify that you own the website in question by either uploading an XML file or adding a meta tag to your homepage’s code 5. After completing verification, you will be taken to the dashboard where you can explore the various features offered by Bing Webmaster Tools
Set up Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free service that allows website owners to track detailed information about their website visitors. This information can be used to improve the quality and effectiveness of a website. Google Analytics can be set up for any website, but some websites may find it more useful than others.
To set up Google Analytics, you will need to create a Google account and then sign up for the service. Once you have signed up, you will be given a code that you will need to insert into your website’s code. Depending on your website’s platform, there may be different instructions on how to do this. Once the code is added, you will be able to track information about your website visitors including their location, how they found your site, what pages they visited, and how long they spent on each page.
If you are not familiar with HTML or coding, there are many resources available to help you get started with Google Analytics. You can also find numerous tutorials and how-to guides online. However, if you are not comfortable working with code or do not have the time to set up the tracking yourself, you can hire someone to do it for you.
Install and configure an SEO plugin (wordpress)
SEO plugins help you improve your website’s search engine optimization. They can add metadata to your site’s header, footer, and content areas automatically, and some plugins also help you perform other SEO-related tasks like generating sitemaps and improving your website’s speed.
In this article, we’ll show you the best SEO plugins for WordPress that you can use on your site.
First, let’s take a look at the features you should look for in an SEO plugin. Then we’ll share our top picks.
What to Look for in an SEO Plugin?
When choosing an SEO plugin for WordPress, here are the main features to look for:
- Adds metadata to your website automatically: The plugin should be able to add metadata (like title tags, meta descriptions, etc.) to your website automatically. This way, you don’t have to edit each post and page individually.
- Generates sitemaps: A sitemap is a file that lists all the pages on your website. It helps search engines index your site more effectively. A good SEO plugin will generate a sitemap for you automatically and keep it up-to-date as you add or remove content from your site.
4 compatable with Yoast SEO: While not required, it’s helpful if the plugin is compatible with Yoast SEO, the most popular SEO plugin in WordPress. This way, you can use bothplugins together and get the best of both worlds.
5 All in One SEO Pack: All in One SEO Pack is a popular WordPress SEO plugin that covers all the basics of optimizing a WordPress site for search engines. It includes features like automatic metadata generation, support for custom post types, Google AMP support, WooCommerce support, and more
If you want to improve your ranking in the search engines, you need to start with keyword research. This will help you determine which keywords are most relevant to your business and will help you create content that is optimized for those keywords. There are a number of different tools that you can use for keyword research, so make sure to do your research and find the right one for you.
Identify your competitors
In order to identify your competitors, you will need to first identify your niche. Once you have identified your niche, you can then begin to look for other businesses or websites that offer similar products or services. You can use a variety of online tools to research your competitors, such as Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Google Trends.
Conduct a keyword gap analysis
Conducting a keyword gap analysis can help you determine which keywords your competition is ranking for that you are not. This will give you insights into where you may need to improve your SEO in order to outrank your competition.
To conduct a keyword gap analysis, start by creating a list of all the keywords you want to rank for. Next, use a tool like Google Keyword Planner or SEMrush to research which of those keywords your competition is already ranking for. Finally, compare your list of keywords to your competitors’ to see where you may have a gaps.
Conducting a keyword gap analysis can be time-consuming, but it is worth the effort if you want to outrank your competition. By understanding where your SEO needs improvement, you can make the necessary changes and improve your chances of ranking highly for the keywords that matter most to your business.
Find your main ‘money’ keywords
You can use a tool like Google’s Keyword Planner to help you find your main money keywords. To use the Keyword Planner, you’ll need an active AdWords account, but you don’t need to spend any money on ads.
Once you’re logged into your AdWords account, click on the Tools tab at the top of the page, and then select Keyword Planner from the drop-down menu.
On the next page, select Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category, and then enter your product or service into the box. You can also enter a competitor’s website to see which keywords they are targeting.
Click Get Idea, and you’ll see a list of ideas related to your product or service. Scroll down to the section labeled Ad group ideas, and you’ll see a list of potential keywords. These are the keywords that you should target with your website and content.
To fully understand what technical SEO is, we need to understand what SEO is. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the practice of improving the ranking of a website on search engines. The higher the ranking, the more likely people are to find the website. Technical SEO is a branch of SEO that deals with the website’s technical aspects. This can include things like the site’s code, structure, and speed.
Leverage “Inspect URL” feature in GSC
To check a live URL in the new Google Search Console, simply enter the URL into the search bar and select the “Inspect URL” feature from the drop-down menu. This will bring up information about your page, including any crawling or indexing errors that have been detected.
Ensure your website is mobile-friendly
Making sure your website is mobile-friendly is one of the most important factors in technical SEO. In 2019, Google will be rolling out a mobile-first index, which means that they will be looking at the mobile version of your website first and foremost when determining your ranking.
To make sure your website is mobile-friendly, you need to ensure that all of your content can be easily accessed and viewed on a mobile device. This means having a responsive design, and making sure that any videos or other media are properly formatted for a mobile screen. You also need to make sure that your website loads quickly on a mobile device, as Google has said that speed is one of the factors they take into account when ranking websites.
Check your site’s loading speed
If your website takes more than a few seconds to load, you could be losing visitors and customers. A slow loading website can also negatively impact your search engine ranking. Use Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool to check your site’s loading speed and get recommendations on how to improve it.
On-page and Content
In order for something to rank on Google, it must first be found. There are two key ways to make sure your content is found by both potential customers/clients and Google: on-page and content. When we talk about on-page, we mean the elements of your website that are within your control, such as the title,meta tags, and header tags. Content, on the other hand, is the body of your text, articles, blogs, etc.
Fix duplicate, missing, and truncated title tags
- Make sure that all of your title tags are unique and descriptive, and avoid duplicate or missing title tags.
- If your title tags are too long, they may be truncated by search engines. Try to keep your title tags to 60 characters or less.
- In addition to unique and descriptive title tags, your content should be keyword-rich and informative.
- Make sure to include keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and headings on all of your pages.
- If you have a blog, take advantage of opportunities to optimize your blog posts with keyword-rich titles and descriptions.
Find and fix duplicate or missing meta descriptions
When optimizing your website for search engines, one of the first places to start is with your meta descriptions. Meta descriptions are the brief descriptions that appear under your page’s title in the search engine results pages (SERPs). They give searchers an idea of what your page is about, and can impact whether or not someone clicks through to your site.
Because meta descriptions are so important, you want to make sure that each of your pages has a unique, relevant meta description. Unfortunately, it’s common for pages to have duplicate or missing meta descriptions. This can happen either accidentally (e.g., you unintentionally use the same meta description on multiple pages) or on purpose (e.g., you leave the meta description field blank because you’re not sure what to put there).
Fortunately, there are a few different ways that you can find and fix duplicate or missing meta descriptions on your website. In this article, we’ll show you how to do that using three different tools: Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, and SEMrush.
Find and fix multiple H1 tags
If you find more than one H1 tag on a page, it’s usually an indication that something is wrong. It’s not necessarily a major problem, but it’s something that should be fixed.
There are a few possible explanations for why there are multiple H1 tags on a page:
-The page is using more than one H1 tag for styling purposes. This is often the case with pages that have a lot of text, like blog posts or articles. In this case, the best solution is to remove the extra H1 tags and use CSS to style the text as you want it.
-The page is using an H1 tag for each section of content. This is unnecessary and can be confusing for users. The best solution in this case is to use a different tag (H2, H3, etc.) for the section headings.
-There are multiple versions of the same page (for example, a mobile version and a desktop version) and each version has its own H1 tag. This can cause problems for search engines, so the best solution is to choose one version of the page and use a canonical link on the other versions to point to it.
Off-page SEO (also called “off-site SEO”) refers to actions taken outside of your website to impact your ranking within search engine results pages (SERP).
Analyze your competitor’s link profile
One of the most important aspects of off-page SEO is link building. In order to build links, you first need to understand your competitor’s link profile. Link analysis can be a complex process, but there are a few simple things you can do to get started.
- Use a tool like BuzzSumo to analyze your competitor’s backlink profile.
- Look at the anchor text of your competitor’s links.
- Check out your competitor’s link velocity (the rate at which they’re acquiring new links).
- Analyze the authority of your competitor’s linking domains.
Once you have a good understanding of your competitor’s link profile, you can begin to build links yourself. Link building is a complex process, but there are a few simple things you can do to get started.
- Find places where you can get featured or mentioned on other websites (such as in blog posts, resource lists, etc.).
- Create great content that other people will want to link to (such as infographics, blog posts, etc.).
- Reach out to other website owners and let them know about your content (most people are happy to share great content if they know about it).
Conduct a link intersect analysis
Here’s how a link intersect analysis can benefit your off-page SEO:
- If you want to know where your competition is getting their links, a link intersect tool will show you.
- You can use a link intersect tool to find opportunities for link building. For example, if you see that your competition is getting links from a particular directory, you can submit your site to that directory as well.
- A link intersect analysis can also help you avoid getting penalized by Google. If you know which links are helping your competition rank, you can avoid using those same links. This is especially important if you think a particular link might be considered spammy by Google.
There are a few different link intersect tools available, but my personal favorite is Link Explorer from Moz.
Target your competitors’ broken backlinks
Use a broken backlink checker to find links to your competitors’ sites that are no longer working. You can then contact the site owners and offer to replace the broken link with a link to your site. This is a great way to get high-quality backlinks from authority sites in your industry.